Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tuesday Teasers: "Shelter" and "Heft"


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should  Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just do the following
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on  that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away!   You don’t  want  to  ruin the  book for others!)
  • Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can  add the book to their TBR  Lists  if they  like your teaser.   
Karen's: I just finished reading Shelter yesterday so I'm picking a teaser from it:
The message buzzed in: what part of CAR COMING! GET OUT! confused u?!? HURRY, DOPE!
Taken from page 39 of Shelter by Harlan Coben.

Gerard's:
It seems as if my mother is breathing now but I can't tell. And I can't ask. And I want to put my hand on her but I don't because she is no longer mine, she belongs to the paramedic.
Taken from page 151 of Heft by Liz Moore.

Happy Reading! We are donating 50 cents to KIVA this month to help the poor change their lives for each legitimate comment we receive on all our blogs.

8 comments:

  1. Both sound like great teasers. Thank you for stopping by and checking out my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pair of very intriguing teasers this week! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both teasers sound great, but I love the one for Shelter. I want to read that one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teasers. The one from Shelter is funny. Thanks for stopping by my TT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi: Great teasers - that's cool that you both are book blogging together and donating to a good cause.

    My teaser is at http://yearofreadingmybooks.wordpress.com/2012/02/01/happy-belated-birthday-edith-and-top-ten-and-teaser-tuesday/

    Happy reading, Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great teasers. Shelter sounds if it has a bit a humor to it and Heft sounds sad. I hope you're both enjoying the books. Thanks for stopping by my teaser. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good teasers. It almost sounds like they go together. Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great teasers. Thanks for visiting mine.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails