Monday, March 21, 2011

"The Bird House" by Kelly Simmons

The Bird House by Kelly Simmons is a story about a grandmother who shares and discovers family secrets with her granddaughter.  It’s about tension between the mother and her daughter-in-law.  I didn’t care for this book much although the relationship between the grandmother and Ellie, her granddaughter was endearing.  I liked the cover but the characters didn’t seem very well developed and I didn’t like how it kept jumping back and forth between the past and the present.  I was pretty bored with it, although I finished in two days. 

Have you read this one? What did you think of it? You can help Canine Lifeline (a dog rescue organization that saved our dog, Abby) by leaving a comment on any of our blogs in March. We will donate 50 cents per comment at the end of the month.

2 comments:

  1. Such a shame you did not enjoy this one... I have seen this in a bookstore but was not sure about it... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's okay but others are much better. As far as the Dementia angle, "Still Alice" was way better and as far as the family secret issue and marriages, I enjoyed Belva Plain's "Heartwood" so much more. This is a quick read though, shallow characters and light.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails