Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: "The Bird House," "Wanted," "Vicious Cycle"


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should  Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just do the following
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on  that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away!   You don’t  want  to  ruin the  book for others!)
  • Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can  add the book to their TBR  Lists  if they  like your teaser. 
Karen's:
This conversation was getting worse and worse. It was so uncomfortable that Katie no longer minded that they were speaking about her as if she wasn't there. She didn't want to be there.
From pg. 4 of Wanted by Shelley Shepard Gray

My heart skipped a beat; we'd never discussed the origins of that bird house. She couldn't know what it meant to me.
From pg. 75 of The Bird House by Kelly Simmons

Gerard's:
Finally, the door came open, and she saw her son standing with a tiny, screaming baby in his arms.
"Mom, I know you're gonna freak out, but I need you to chill. Something's wrong with her, and I don't know what to do!"
From pg. 57 of Vicious Cycle by Terri Blackstock.

You can help Canine Lifeline (a dog rescue organization that saved our dog, Abby) by leaving a comment on any of our blogs in March. We will donate 50 cents per comment at the end of the month.

13 comments:

  1. I love all three teasers!! I want to know about the birdhouse, the conversation and about the baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, Karen, your book sounds really good. I'm curious about all of them, great teasers!

    My teaser is from the Jaz Parks urban fantasy series at e-Volving Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love the last one the best, caught my attention the most :) All of them are really good teasers, great picks this week!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog :) I'm your new follower, let's connect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if the narrator made that birdhouse himself?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic teasers! Thanks for dropping by on my blog! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! The first one is so interesting, the second mysterious, and the third sounds worrisome, but a little funny at the same time. This isn't the first time he's shown up with the baby, has he?

    iLive, iLaugh, iLove Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree. All three teasers piqued my curiosity. Thanks for visiting my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, good ones - especially that last one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved all these teasers and how awesome are you, donating money to Canine Lifeline!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the second one.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog. My teaser is from Northlight by Deborah J Ross. But she's written some books as Deborah Wheeler too, including Northlight.
    It gets really confusing sometimes, figuring out which author is using which pen name:)
    Happy Reading!
    кєяo's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hooray for animal rescues! I love the cats in your banner and all the teasers here. Thanks for stopping by my blog :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. all teasers sound interesting! but i think i'm most intrigued with the last one - what could have happened with the tiny screaming baby? nice teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are great teasers. I agree, the last one really caught my attention!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails