Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Tuesday Teasers: 3 For You


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should  Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just do the following
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on  that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away!   You don’t  want  to  ruin the  book for others!)
  • Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can  add the book to their TBR  Lists  if they  like your teaser.   
Karen's:
"And I sleep with it in case I wake and find a strange man in my bedroom." I stuffed the dagger back under the pillow.
From page 49 of Surrender, by Lee Nichols (the last book of the Haunting Emma series. 

"Alright, I've got some rules to go over," he said. "The first one is that I'm not going to have many rules."
Next, he announced that practice was optional.
From page 39 of One Shot at Forever--A small Town, An unlikely Coach, and a Magical Baseball Season by Chris Ballard.

Gerard's:
A day lasts much, much longer when you're hungry and worried about the person you are supposed to take care of. Eventually, though, the sky darkened, and I went through the dog door and curled up in a tight ball under the stairs, my stomach aching and empty.
From page 137-138 of A Dog's Journey by W. Bruce Cameron. (Posting review of this tomorrow.)

Happy Reading! We are donating 50 cents for each legitimate comment we receive on all our blogs during May to Joni and Friends for Camp Scholarships for families with special needs children.

11 comments:

  1. OMGOSH all great teasers!! The first is my favorite LOL Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some good teasers there. I particularly like the first and I am trying to recall if any fmynetball coaches ever told us practice was optional LOL!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and happy reading! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww the dog teaser is sad. Good teasers. You have some great books on your to-read pile this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teasers all, I loved the first but the last one was really great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome teasers! I've got to read A Dog's Journey, it sounds really interesting. The first one is intriguing, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, all teasers are great. All the books sounds really great. :)

    Thanks for dropping by! :)
    Kari Po-Ku Reads

    ReplyDelete
  7. great selection of teasers there and a worthy cause to support too :)

    thanks for dropping by my blog.

    http://nelashley.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good teasers, enjoy your reads.

    http://thecharacterconnection.blogspot.com/2012/05/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great teasers! I love the explanation for the knife under her pillow - totally justified lol. Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love them all, especially the first one! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those teasers! The first one is really intriguing! I'm going to have to check out all these books. Thanks for sharing and thanks for stopping by!

    Jessirae @ Words, pages and books

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails