Sunday, July 22, 2012

"Afterwards" by Rosamund Lupton



In Afterwards by Rosamund Lupton, Jenny covey is in the school when a huge fire takes place. Her mother, Grace, rushes into the school to try to rescue her. Both of them are pulled out in very critical condition. Adam, Jenny's brother and Grace's son is being accused of starting the fire. Do I have your interest yet? This book is a page turner for sure. It is told by Jenny and Grace as they watch what all unfolds after the fire. This book is just as good as Rosamond's first one, Sister. I think you should read this, I'm glad I did!
(Gerard's review)

Afterwards by Rosamund Lupton is narrated by the spirit of a mother and daughter who were both seriously injured in a school fire.  While their bodies are in the hospital in comas, their spirits are following around their loved ones and the investigators of the case to piece together all the pieces to figure out who the arsonist was and also who Jenny's stalker was.  It is a complicated story line to follow and at times I had difficulty determining who was talking.  Afterwards, I was glad to finally be done with it!  I really didn't care much for this one, but was surprised at the ending.  I admit I was fooled and did not pick the right person as the stalker or the arsonist.
(Karen's review)

Have you read this one? What did you think of it? If you reviewed this too, feel free to share your link to your review in the comments. Happy Reading!

We are donating 50 cents for each legitimate comment we receive on all our blogs during June and July to The Wounded Warrior Project which helps wounded warriors and their families returning from current conflicts.

1 comment:

  1. I heard Sister was fantastic and this was just ok and others not liking it. I defintely will read Sister and try this one if I enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails