Wednesday, June 13, 2012

"Gone Girl" by Gillian Flynn Lives up to the Hype (UPDATED)



Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn tells the story of Nick and Amy. On their fifth wedding anniversary, Amy turns up missing. Did Nick have something to do with it? WOW oh WOW! It doesn't get much better than this story that is told by Nick and Amy. I had a love-hate relationship with them both! I never knew what was going to happen next and had a hard time putting it down. I hated to see it end! The writing is superb! I think this would make a fantastic movie and loved this book! Don't let GONE GIRL pass you by, believe the hype!
(Gerard's review)

(Karen's review)
Gerard and I differ on our opinions of this book.  I didn't care for it at all and only read about 1/3 of the way.  I really didn't like either Nick or Amy all that much and the bad language turned me off too.  It seemed I was plowing through it but wanted to keep going since Gerard thought it was so good.  Then I saw another blogger's review of it and they didn't like it either.  They said the first 100 pages were very boring.  The reviewer compared it to Still Missing by Chevy Stevens and  Before I Go To Sleep by S. J. Watson because of the ending leaving the reader feeling tricked.  I wish I could remember where I saw it so I could share the link here with you, but I can't remember.  Anyhow, I was bored with this one so gave up on it and went on to read something else--"Impeccable Petunia" which I had a request to review.  

Have you read this one? What did you think of it? If you reviewed this too, feel free to share your link to your review in the comments. Happy Reading!

We are donating 50 cents for each legitimate comment we receive on all our blogs during June and July to The Wounded Warrior Project which helps wounded warriors and their families returning from current conflicts.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I totally agree with everything Gerard said. How could you have been bored with it, Karen? LOL. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails