Saturday, June 23, 2012

"Never Tell" by Alafair Burke (UPDATED)

Never Tell by Alafair Burke is about Julia Whitmere, a young teen girl, who appears to have it all--rich, goes to the best school. Then why does she commit suicide by slashing her wrists in their bathtub? Her mom claims foul play but the cops say, "No way." Then it seems like she was a cyber bully against her best friend's mom! But she's dead, so how can that be? This book is a lot more than just Julia. There are lots of characters in play in this Never Tell. I suggest you don't try to figure out who and what, just go along on the wild ride. I was surprised at the ending. I give this one 4 1/2 stars.
(Gerard's review)

We disagreed on this one.  Never Tell by Alafair Burke is a complicated murder mystery that I found myself plowing through.  It started off interesting with woman getting anonymous threats on her blog, but that was the only part I found interesting.  I didn’t really care much for the characters and with all the lying in the investigation, I had no clue really what was going on until the end when things all got wrapped up.  I found the part about the experimental drug trials very boring.  Sorry I can’t say I enjoyed this book, I was relieved when I finished it!
(Karen's review)

Have you read this one? What did you think of it? If you reviewed this too, feel free to share your link to your review in the comments. Happy Reading!

We are donating 50 cents for each legitimate comment we receive on all our blogs during June and July to The Wounded Warrior Project which helps wounded warriors and their families returning from current conflicts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails