Friday, September 7, 2012

"Lead For God'Sake! by Todd G. Congwer--Must Read!

Great Gift for Any Coach--Good addition to any library!

Lead...for God'Sake! by Todd G. Congwer is a quick inspirational read about a coach struggling with his basketball team who gets advice from Joe, the school janitor.  Joe had a personal ministry of counseling and I liked how the author used his conversations to get his point across to the reader.  This book is philosophical about finding true purpose in life and influencing others based on scripture.  It's about being selfless rather than self-centered.  It's a wonderful example of what a true Christian looks like who is a genuine follower of Christ. 

I enjoyed reading it and agreed with the Christian view about living one's life.  I took a lot of notes from this one and would be a great one to add to my library.  It reminded me a little bit of The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch and Leading With The Heart by Mike Kryzewski, which I loved!  I highly recommend it!  I think anyone would benefit from reading this book, parent, employer, employee, teacher, coach etc.
(Karen's review, rating:  5 stars)

Gerard's review, rating 5++ stars:

Lead For God's Sake by Todd G. Congwer is a must read!  Wow, oh Wow!  What an outstanding book!  I got the idea to order this book from reading an article about Urban Meyer, the new Ohio State football coach.  He mentioned that he loved this book and so did I!  It tells the story of a frustrated high school basketball coach having trouble both with his team and his home life.  He gets help from the most unlikely person you would imagine. 

The ending was great, but I hated to see it end.  This is a must read for all coaches and people in leadership roles.  I feel real good knowing Urban Meyer is the OSU football coach now--go bucks!


Have you read this one? What did you think of it? If you reviewed this too, feel free to share your link to your review in the comments. Happy Reading!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking this in to Books You Loved: October. If you pop back in a day or so there will be even more good book links to check out. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you have your books displayed.

    Thanks for this book post.

    Stopping by from Carole's Books I Loved Post.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails