Friday, April 19, 2013

"Reconstructing Amelia" Lives Up To The Hype

There is a lot of hype about Reconstructing Amelia and I am here to tell you that it is true! This book is very good! It is told by Amelia and her mother, Kate. Kate gets a call telling her that Amelia is dead. When Kate is notified that her daughter’s death may be the result of foul play, she sets out to find answers. The book leads up to the day Amelia died and is riveting! There are lots of “wow” moments in it so I enjoyed it!
(Gerard's review, 5++ stars)

Karen planned to read this too but only started it and quit on it because she didn't like Amelia at all. 

Blogging 'Bout Books says it is "Reconstructing Amelia: It's That Disturbing and That Compelling." She was ready to give up on it too but kept on going.

Have you read this one? What did you think of it? If you reviewed this too, feel free to share your link to your review in the comments. Happy Reading!

3 comments:

  1. I'm reading this one next. Glad to know it lives up to the hype!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're a group of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community. Your web site offered us with valuable information to work on. You have done an impressive job and our entire community will be grateful to you. just click the up coming web site

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did almost give it up a couple of times because, like Karen, I thought the language/sex/disturbing content was a bit much. BUT the writing was so good that I just couldn't help myself. Even if I didn't absolutely love Amelia, I did want to find out what happened to her. And, while I saw some of it coming, I definitely didn't see ALL of it. Lots of WOW moments, for sure. So, while I didn't love all the ick in the book, I can see why it's getting so much hype. Glad it worked for you, Gerard!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails