Sunday, April 14, 2013

The Gospel of John is a Must Read!



WOW!  I finished reading through the Gospel of John and found it to be so interesting.  I thought I knew everything that was in it but still found lots of things that caught my interest and refreshed my memory.  If you doubt that Jesus is the Son of God, this is a must read for you!  I really enjoyed this book of the Bible very much which contains probably the most well-known verse in the whole Bible:

For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only son, that whoever believes in Him, should not perish, but have eternal life.--John 3:16 (NIV)
This book was written by the apostle, John, one of Jesus closest disciples.  The one, in fact, that Jesus loved and trusted so much that when dying on the cross, he gave the responsibility of taking care of his mother to John.  John writes an eyewitness account of many of the things Jesus did when he lived here on the earth.

I love these two verses that John included just for us today:
Jesus did many other miraculous signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not recorded in this book:  But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that by believing you may have life in his name. --John 20:30-31 (NIV)

Here are several of my "Sunday Sharing" posts where you can find some highlights that I shared from this book and a bonus one from Easter 2012:

He Knows My Thoughts (John 2)
A Personal God (John 2-6)
The First Speed Boat (John 6)
Plotting Against Jesus (John 9-11)
I Give You Peace (John 14)
A Direct Line to God and a Password Tip (John 15-16)
4 Questions--Can You Answer Any? (John 20)
Happy Easter Everyone:  He Is Risen! (John 3)
I hope you will take some time to read some of these posts.  Since I read the Bible every day, I am going to start sharing a teaser each week from it too for our Tuesday Teaser post.  It's the one book that has made the biggest impact on my life!  I must share about it!


Have you read this one? Who do you say Jesus is?  Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails