Monday, June 24, 2013

I and II Peter written by Simon Peter Inspired by God

Need some encouragement?  Ever wished there was an instructional manual for living?  Want to know what the future holds?  The Books of First and Second Peter deals with all these issues and more! 

I enjoyed reading I and II Peter very much.  Peter was one of Jesus' inner circle of friends who was an eye witness to things Jesus did when He lived on earth.  The book of Acts records many things Peter did after Jesus returned to heaven. 


It is an encouraging book about hope that addresses how to respond to suffering, how to live a life pleasing to God including advice for husbands and wives, and a little about the end times and how this world one day will be destroyed by fire.  There are many interesting topics in these two short books and lots of practical advice. 

I got a lot out of it and encourage you to read the Sunday Sharing posts where I share some scripture highlights from it.  This is a quick read:  Just 5 chapters in I Peter and 3 in II Peter.  I highly recommend it!
(Karen's review, 5 stars)

Find out more:
How To Avoid Becoming Useless
The Connection Between Scripture and My Life
God Answered My Prayer in a Surprising Way

Have you read this one? What did you think of it? If you reviewed this too, feel free to share your link to your review in the comments. Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails