Thursday, November 14, 2013

"Allegiant" by Veronica Roth Is Disappointing


Allegiant by Veronica Roth is the third book in the Divergent trilogy.   It is about friendship, forgiveness and doing the right thing and family bonds.  

 I was anxious to read this one but it was so confusing at the beginning.  Perhaps because it was so long since I read Insurgent.  This one was disappointing.  It moved slow, not much action until the last quarter of the book when things picked up, but then I didn’t like the ending.  There were some good parts but most of it was just strange and confusing.  I liked the first two in the series much better--Divergent and Insurgent.

I enjoyed reading the author's explanation of why she chose the gutsy ending she did.  It is full of spoilers though so I suggest you read the book first and then check out "About The End of Allegiant."
(Karen's review)

Have you read this one? What did you think of it? If you reviewed this too, feel free to share your link to your review in the comments. Happy Reading!

2 comments:

  1. disappointing. yes would have to agree with that 1! LOL! can you take me for a free ride? LOL! or thats what masshole says isn't it norman. LOL!

    banish the "insanity" and get on with "living".

    :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been hearing a lot about how disappointing this one is. Bummer. I loved DIVERGENT. Scholastic just sent me the box set of this series, so I'm going to read them all soon. Hope I'm not TOO depressed afterward :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails