Monday, August 18, 2014

Tuesday Teasers: FIVE Today--some were too good not to do a teaser from!


Gerard's:

But despite the legions of paparazzi that have descended on the remote island, no one has been able to uncover any sign of Jenkins.
At least not yet.
 From page 27 of Dear Daughter by Elizabeth Little.

There was no other way for me to start a family, and I was naive. I didn't think the identity of Rosie's father mattered, but it does.

From page 6 of Identity by Ingrid Thoft. (See my review--too good to not have a teaser from it.)

The first miracle, though, is that the dog wasn't killed outright.  Somehow, as the goods train bore down upon him, he managed to flatten himself against the track-bed and avoid fatal injuries.
From page 4 of haatchi and little b by Wendy Holden.  (click link for my review)


Karen's:

Everything in me was screaming, Run!  But I couldn't move.

From page 52 (Loc. 819 on Kindle) of The Prayer Box by Lisa Wingate.

Gingerly, he put his head into the opening, and I let down the flap.  He paused, guaging the intent of the strange thing on his neck.

From page 182 of Merle's Door by Ted Kerasote.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should  Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just do the following

    Happy Reading!

3 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails