Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Tuesday Teasers



Karen's:

Her heavy eyes filled with tears.  "Then I don't care where it is.  I'll go."

From page 118 of The One by Kiera Cass (Book 3 of The Selection series).


Kile wasn't as obnoxious as Josie, but, in all the years I'd known him, he'd never made anything remotely close to an interesting conversation.  So help me, if I ever got a bad case of insomnia, I'd hire him to sit in my room and talk.

From page 31 of The Heir by Kiera Cass (Book 4 of The Selection series).

I sat beside her, holding her hand.  Silly as it sounded, I had slouched in my chair, certain that would make her come to and correct my posture.
From The Crown by Kiera Cass (Book 5 of The Selection series.)

Gerard's:
And the sight of her hand in front of her, lifting the latch, pushing the door.  And again, and again, and again, every moment since:  the slow sweep of the white-painted wood, and the widening expanse of light, and her hand falling to her side through the weight of the still air, and her voice catching in her dry throat.  And the room beyond.
From page 21 of Little Deaths by Emma Flint.


"You are going to keep Playing, but I want to see if we can gain an advantage first.  Perhaps you can push back at the keplers, as well as do something that will help you deal with the others."
From page 82 of Sky Key (Book 2 of Endgame) by James Frey & Johnson-Shelton.

Once the warship had burned to a flaming skeleton and the heat off the attach had drawn back, Safi turned to Vaness.  The empress stood rooted to the ground, stiff as the iron she controlled.
 From page 28 of Windwitch by Susan Dennard.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by The Purple Booker.   Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just pick two sentences from the book you are reading.  Happy Reading!

6 comments:

  1. You have several books there on my list ... MUST read more. Looks like you're zipping through the Cass books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am! Loving this fun series; they really go quick!

      Delete
  2. All of these are good. And all but one are already on my list.

    My TT from The Dog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Busy week! I like the one from The One

    Mine this week is from Gone Girl https://wp.me/p3Nz8P-1ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gerard read that and really liked it. I saw the movie and was blown away by it! Hope you are enjoying it!

      Delete
  4. Don't know any of these but they all sound good. Here's my link for this week: http://wp.me/p4DMf0-1ti

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails