Wednesday, February 13, 2019

"Smart Ass" by Margaret Winslow is nonfiction About a Donkey

Smart Ass by Margaret Winslow is a true story!  Margaret is going through a mid-life crisis.  She is having problems at work, her husband's job keeps him away from home at least half a year, she has no kids, and no pets.  She needs something so gets a donkey!  What a great story!

I was into this from page 1!  Margaret tells the story well.  At times it actually made me laugh!  Of course, Caleb, the donkey, is fantastic.  I discovered things about donkey's that I never knew and it has a great ending!  I recommend this one!
(Gerard's review 2/13/19, 5++ stars)

Karen's review 2/17/19:
Smart Ass by Margaret Winslow is her true story her life with a big 700 lb. donkey, Caleb.  I liked Caleb but felt sorry for him through most of the book.  I laughed out loud during some of the training parts about halfway through which I found hilarious and which for me was the best part of the book.  I also enjoyed the Christmas pageant but overall, I just wanted to get through it.  I didn't really understand why Margaret spent so much time and money on lessons when clearly she just wanted a nice connection to Caleb.  (3 stars)

Teaser from page 3:  Suddenly the donkey broke away and loped to the far side of the paddock.  He stopped and looked back at me over his shoulder, his eyes sparkling with mischief.

Have you read this one? What did you think of it? If you reviewed this too, feel free to share your link to your review in the comments. To find books on a specific topic, scroll to the bottom and click on the topic you want. Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails