Friday, January 3, 2020

"Fallen Land" by Taylor Brown (Historical Fiction)


Fallen Land by Taylor Brown takes place in the final year of the Civil War.  Ava and Callum are on the run because a band of marauders are after a bounty that is on Callum, a seasoned horse thief from Ireland.  Reiver, thier horse, must carry Ava and Callum to safety.

I enjoyed this book and its two main characters very much.  It is like a western which I haven't read in a long time so a nice change of pace for me.  This is the author's first book!  This is the second time I've read this one--I liked it when I read it in 2016 too.
(Gerard's review, 5 stars)

Teaser from page 24:  The boy staggered along behind, finding his legs.  He was still disoriented, his boots tripping along the ground.

Have you read this one? What did you think of it? If you reviewed this too, feel free to share your link to your review in the comments. To find books on a specific topic, scroll to the bottom and click on the topic you want. Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails