Monday, February 3, 2020

"Finding Chika" by Mitch Albom

Finding Chika by Mitch Albom is a true story about a little girl, an earthquake, and the making of a family.  Chika was born in Haiti.  At age 5, she is diagnosed with a life-threatening illness.  Mitch and his wife, Janine, bring her to America in hope of finding a cure.  I thought this book was pretty good.  I fell in love with Chika quickly.  The story flowed well.  This book will tug at your heart strings.
(Gerard's review, 4 stars)

 Teaser from page 21:  To be honest, Chika, for my first few years, I didn't understand a great deal about Haiti, or the orphanage, or how I was supposed to make the place work.  The power would go off every day, the water would run out, deliveries of rice and bulgur would start and stop, and we never had enough medicine.

To find books on a specific topic, scroll to the bottom and click on the topic you want. Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails