Tuesday, September 19, 2023

"So Help Me, God" by Mike Pence

So Help Me, God
by Mike Pence is his autobiography up through his time as Vice President of the United States.  I am not big on politics, but was interested to read this to get some insight into the job of Vice President, as well as to see how he worked with President Donald Trump.  I found his personal background quite interesting, but all the things he dealt with while serving as Vice President became quite lengthy and at times boring.  I skipped over some parts that held little interest for me; however, I did find the things he accomplished quite interesting.  I especially liked the part at the end dealing with the riot at the Capitol over the results of the controversial election.  He also showed how his faith in Jesus guided his actions and choices.  Each chapter highlighted a verse of scripture.  After reading this book, I am convinced that Mike Pence would be a good president.  I think anyone who is interested in politics would find this book interesting.  (Karen's review, 4 stars)

To find books on a specific topic, scroll to the bottom and click on the topic you want. Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails