Saturday, December 30, 2023

"Beneficence" by Meredith Hall


Beneficence
by Meredith Hall is about the Senter family who owns a dairy farm in Maine.  They are very close and happy until tragedy strikes and their 14-yr-old son dies, leaving them with only a younger son and a daughter.  Most of the book is centered around how each blame themselves and how time brings healing.  I plowed through this slow moving book because I cared about the characters, although it was a sad story.  I liked the ending and was glad when I finished it.  There are questions at the end for a book club discussion.  I wouldn't recommend reading this one though.  (Karen's review, 2 stars)

To find books on a specific topic, scroll to the bottom and click on the topic you want. Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails