Sunday, August 7, 2011

"Before I Go To Sleep" by S. J. Watson

Before I Go To Sleep by S. J. Watson is No. 2 on Parade Magazine Books Of The Year!  (No. 1 is Faith which I read and loved.)  Amazon.com gives this book rave reviews and it is going to be made into a movie!  I'm here to tell you that this book lives up to the hype and more!  I am not sure I'll read another book that I was so into as I was this one.  I read it in two days.  It has a fantastic plot which makes it a real page turner.  I did not want to put it down and the ending is very good too!  No, make that great!  Read both "Faith" and "Before I Go To Sleep"--you will be glad you did!  I know I am. (Gerard's Review)

Karen's review:
Before I Go To Sleep by S. J. Watson started off slow to me, then got creepy and then a bit confusing.  It is about Chrissy, a woman who has a strange kind of amnesia.  When she sleeps, she forgets everything but when she is awake, she can function normally except for remembering her past or even what happened the day before.  It is written from her perspective and her doctor advised her to keep a secret journal and write in it each day before going to sleep what happened that day and what things she was able to remember or things she learned about.  That way she could read it the next day to refresh her memory.  I thought this book moved kind of slow for about the first 90 pages, but then things picked up.  I was completely wrong in what I thought about things.  The happy ending was a bit like a fairy tale but I'm glad I stuck with it and finished it.  It's a good read, an unusual story line.   I liked Iron House better.


Have you read this one? What did you think of it? You can help our charity of the month just by leaving a comment on any of our blogs! We will donate 50 cents per comment at the end of the month. The charity for this month is at the top of our blog.

3 comments:

  1. I read it and thought it was good, figured it out also. The journal and reality were not distinct enough for me. And why did she never just try to stay up????

    Would you like me to link my reviews so you can see my opinion when I have read it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marce: Yes, by all means feel free to share your links to your reviews in the comments of books we have read anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It did get confusing in places, but I thought that just made the book even better because the reader could feel Christine's confusion, you know? The ending surprised me, too, even though maybe I should have seen it coming?

    I'm glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails