Friday, January 10, 2014

"The Goldfinch" by Donna Tartt

The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt is a story about a young boy who tragically loses his mom at a young age.  To remember her, he takes a picture from an art museum.  This book mostly centers on the boy growing up and his placing with his foster families and then his dad who ran off and came back.  The boy also becomes involved in the criminal world.  Does anyone miss the painting he stole?  

Although this book is long, don't let that deter you.  It is well worth the time.  I enjoyed it. 
(Gerard's review, 5+ stars)
 
Have you read this one? What did you think of it? If you reviewed this too, feel free to share your link to your review in the comments. Happy Reading!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVED this book! I actually think it was my favorite book read in 2013 and I read it at year end so I guess I saved the best for last!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very very close to the end, and I like the book a lot, even if some parts of it are too too depressing, but the ending will make it or break it for me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails