Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Teaser Tuesday: Orient, Undertow, World After and The Bullet



Gerard's:

Still, the threat of being caught is always there, and I must keep going, as quietly as planes overhead, something moving at a terrible speed out of the corner of your eye and gone by the time you look again.
From page 6 of Orient by Christopher Bollen. (review up tomorrow)

My father goes to his room and returns with his gun.  While I eat cereal, he checks the clip to see that it's loaded, reinserts it, and clicks off the safety.
From page 15 of Undertow by Michael Buckley.

Demonic wings spread out above his head.  Light glints off the curved hooks, sliding down the edge of his wings as he stalks his prey.
From page 21 of World After by Susan Ee.

Karen's

I stared at him.  Those were the most frightening words I'd heard yet.
 From page 21 of The Bullet by Mary Louise Kelly.

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of A Daily Rhythm. Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just pick two sentences from the book you are reading.
Happy Reading!

11 comments:

  1. Nice teasers. I especially like the one from Undertow as I'm about to start that very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always have the most interesting teasers.

    Mine this week is from a cozy mystery, and also a bonus teaser:

    http://pdworkman.com/teaser-tuesday-double-header/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those teasers are all intriguing. My YA teaser this week comes from Blood Will Tell by April Henry. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Undertow is my favorite. I don't have any of the books you're featuring this week

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of these sound really good. I think I like the first one best (not that it's a contest).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three great Teasers. The one from Undertow really grabbed me.
    My Tuesday post features The Chair.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice teasers from both of you! I have Undertow on my kindle, and now I really want to read it.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  8. Undertow, World After, and The Bullet sound intense! I'll have to check them out!

    Here's my Teaser from Awakening Iris!

    Wendy Lohr

    ReplyDelete
  9. All very intriguing, though I'm a bit apprehensive for the narrator in Undertow.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails