Friday, June 12, 2015

"Undertow" by Michael Buckley

Undertow by Michael Buckley is a YA novel but not what I expected which in this case is a good thing! It takes place on Coney Island. Lyric, a young teen girl, is put into a tough spot when she is picked to tutor fathom, the head of new race that are called Alpha. Not everyone is on board with having them in their high school with their kids.

I really enjoyed the character of Lyric. She pretty much carries the book and that is fine by me. There is a good twist at the end that I sort of saw coming, but liked it anyway. I don’t know if I would go so far as to call this a page turner, but I enjoyed it and will continue with the series. (Gerard’s review, 5 stars)

 

Have you read this one? What did you think of it? If you reviewed this too, feel free to share your link to your review in the comments. To find books on a specific topic, scroll to the bottom and click on the topic you want. Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails