Friday, July 17, 2015

"Crown of Midnight" by Sarah J. Maas with Discussion Video

Both my husband and I are reading this series now, he is reading the book first and then I am reading it so be sure to come back and see my review of the book too.

Here's Gerard's review:
This is the second book in The Throne of Glass series which is action packed!  There is so much going in in this second book!  Celaena is such a bad ass, I love her!  She knows what she is and is not afraid of anyone and makes it clear she is not one to mess with.  The characters of Dorian and Chaol are further developed and some new ones are added.  We learn a lot more in this book than in the first.  Loved this book a lot!  On to book 3--Heir of Fire.
(5++ stars)

(Karen's review, 5 stars)
In Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas, there are a few more characters introduced and lots of action.  Celaena plays a dangerous game making the king think she is following his orders when she isn't really.  She continues to pursue her own agenda, to find his secret power source and to seek revenge.  There are quite a few scenes I liked a lot including some with Chaol, Dorian, the king, assassinations and her dog, Fleetfoot.  I am still pulling for Chaol in the love triangle.  A couple of her secrets are revealed in this book too!

I liked the humor in this book and the fighting she does seemed justified to me.  She is very clever but way more curious than I would be.  Can't picture me wandering through dark secret passageways below a castle alone!  This is one brave girl!  I also like how Chaol is always willing to protect her and help her anyway he can.  There were lots of things I especially liked in this book but don't want to be more specific to spoil it for you.  Read it and discover the mysteries for yourself! 

Here is a discussion video on this book that Gerard and I did on our front porch yesterday:

See our reviews of the first book in this series:  Throne of Glass.

Have you read this one? What did you think of it? If you reviewed this too, feel free to share your link to your review in the comments. To find books on a specific topic, scroll to the bottom and click on the topic you want. Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails