Saturday, July 18, 2015

"Heir of Fire" by Sarah J. Maas (Updated)

Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas is the third book in the Throne of Glass series so read the first two first!  In this book, you will be introduced to yet more new characters.  My favorite is Rowan and hope he is a main character now.  Of course, we get more of Chaol, Dorian and Celaena.  This series seems to get better and better with each book!  This is another action packed book full of twists and turns that I didn't want to put down with a fantastic ending!  I want more, Wow!  Can't wait to read the next one in this series!
(Gerard's review, 5++ stars)

Karen's review:
I thought this book started out very slow and was very confusing but the second part really picked up and got very good.  Things I liked about it are:  Celaena learning to use and control her magic fire power, Manon training Abraxos, her wyver and how they sort of bond, Rowan finally being nice to Celaena and them fighting together, Celaena's confrontation with her Aunt Maeve when she demonstrates her power, the showdown with the King at the end and Chaol still protecting Celaena's dog, Fleetwood. 

I think I'm probably the only person who liked the first two books better than this one.  I am looking forward to continuing on with this series because there are enough characters that I like and want to see how it all turns out.

Here are my two favorite quotes from this book:

The witch, Manon, trying to get her vicious wyver, Abroxos, to eat meat:

"He moved to sniff some white-and-yellow flowers.
A nightmare.  this was a nightmare.  "You can't really like flowers."
Again those dark eyes shifted to her.  Blinked once.  I most certainly do, he seemed to say." p. 261

Aelin to Rowan at the end when arguing about her plan of action:
"And, just like I said, magic doesn't work there anymore.  you'd be trapped in that form.  Though I do hear that Rifthold rats are particularly delicious, if you want to eat them for months." p. 560

Review of the previous books in this series:
Throne of Glass
Crown of Midnight

Have you read this one? What did you think of it? If you reviewed this too, feel free to share your link to your review in the comments. To find books on a specific topic, scroll to the bottom and click on the topic you want. Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails