Friday, January 26, 2018

"A Quiet Kind of Thunder" by Sara Barnard

In A Quiet Kind of Thunder by Sara Barnard, Steffi is a quiet girl and likes it that way.  She can talk but chooses not to.  The first day of the new school year, the principal introduces her to Rhys who is deaf.  Steffi is supposed to help him get used to his new school.  Soon she starts to have feelings for him, but will talking be the best thing for her?

Teaser from page 4:  Now they're parading strangers in front of me to mock my inability to speak in front of them?  I can feel a familiar choking panic start somewhere in my stomach.

I liked this book.  It was a good change of pace from the books I usually read.  I enjoyed both Steffi and Rhys!  Give it a chance.
(Gerard's review, 4 stars)  

Have you read this one? What did you think of it? If you reviewed this too, feel free to share your link to your review in the comments. To find books on a specific topic, scroll to the bottom and click on the topic you want. Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails