Wednesday, June 26, 2019

"walk it out" by Tricia Goyer is Inspirational Non-Fiction

walk it out--The Radical Result of Living God's Word One Step At A Time by Tricia Goyer is  her story about how God's Word made a difference in her life.  It is inspirational and covers many different topics that the Bible covers.  It challenges the reader to live out their faith by completely surrendering to God and actually obeying his word.  It is full of true examples of how the author lives out her faith and what true Christianity looks like.  At the end of every chapter are a few questions for reflection.

I liked how Tricia shares her life with the reader and is truly a servant of God.  She is pretty amazing and has a very interesting story to tell.  I also liked how she worked in scripture.  I was just a bit disappointed that it didn't have more about her family.  The Cleveland City Mission is having a "Stand In" event on Public Square, Saturday, June 29 to help raise awareness of almost 3,000 children in Cleveland and to learn what can be done to help.  At first, I wasn't going to go, but after reading this book, decided to participate.  Homelessness is an issue close to my heart so here is an opportunity to become involved in a solution.  You can pre-register for Stand in at www.thecitymission.org/stand-in.
(Karen's review4 stars)

Teaser from page 45:  When the topic of abortion came up in church or Bible study, I sank deep into my seat, especially when people spoke doggedly against it.  My stomach knotted up, and I was certain everyone within twenty feet of me heard the frantic pounding of my heart.

Visit Tricia Goyer's blog.

Have you read this one? What did you think of it? If you reviewed this too, feel free to share your link to your review in the comments. To find books on a specific topic, scroll to the bottom and click on the topic you want. Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails