Friday, June 21, 2019

"Saving Meghan" by D. J. Palmer -- Can you love someone to death?

Saving Meghan by D. J. Palmer is contemporary fiction.  Some people would say Becky should be "Mother of the Year" since she is focused on her only child, Meghan 24-7.  She has to be because Meghan is ill but countless doctors cannot figure out what it is.  Becky will do whatever it takes to find out what is wrong with her daughter!  Carl is the father.  He wants what is best for Meghan, but thinks he knows what the problem is, and it is not medical!

I enjoyed this book very much.  The characters were brought out really well and the story flowed along.  Throw some twists in the book and at times I laughed out loud at some parts.  Try to figure out how all this plays out.  I am guessing you won't just like I couldn't.
(Gerard's review, 5+ stars)

Teaser from page 27:  I could tell by the way he looked at me with sadness and sympathy that he'd do anything and everything to make me well again.  But there was a deep sense of loss in that look, too.  He was sure he lost me to her--to my mom.    

Have you read this one? What did you think of it? If you reviewed this too, feel free to share your link to your review in the comments. To find books on a specific topic, scroll to the bottom and click on the topic you want. Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails