Monday, July 22, 2019

"Tempests and Slaughter" by Tamora Pierce

Tempests and Slaughter by Tamora Pierce is about three young people, two boys and one girl, going to a school to improve their magical abilities.  This book had ups and downs to me.  I enjoyed the three main characters well enough but think the writing and story line could have been better.
(Gerard's review, 3 stars)

Karen's review:
I did not finish this one.  I read about halfway and wasn't invested in it because there was no action!  It just didn't hold my interest at all and there really was no plot going on by the halfway point.  Although I liked the three main characters enough, I did not want to plow through it any longer so gave up on it.

Teaser from page 6:  "The other man seized Arram by the collar and lifted him into the air.  'If you're a mage, spell me, then,' he growled.

Have you read this one? What did you think of it? If you reviewed this too, feel free to share your link to your review in the comments. To find books on a specific topic, scroll to the bottom and click on the topic you want. Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails