Monday, August 5, 2019

"The Rising" by Heather Graham and Jon Land - Science Fiction

The rising by Heather Graham and Jon Land has two main characters:  Alex, a star high school quarterback who looks forward to being a QB in college and the pros; and Samantha who has big future plans, but for now is a tutor to Alex.  She would love to have a future with Alex.  Alex gets hurt in a game and is rushed to the hospital.  The test results are like nothing the doctors have ever seen and a secret that has been hidden for many years will come out!

This thriller is pretty good.  I loved Alex and Samantha and the story line was good too!  This is well worth reading.
(Gerard's review, 4.5 stars)

Karen's review:
Well, I disagree with my husband's review on this and his rating.   The Rising by Heather Graham and Jon Land is the first in a science fiction series about Alex who is human, but al from some other planet far, far away which he remembers nothing about since he came to earth when just a baby. He was the star of his high school football team, but when he got clobbered in the head breaking up a tackle, his life changed! He and is tutor, Samantha, find themselves on the run.

 I did not care of this book and was very happy when I finally reached the end. No way will I continue with this series. Absolutely nothing made any sense to me. I just thought the story line was very dumb and the characters were just okay, not very well developed. The only reason I continued reading to the end was because I thought things might make sense if I read it all, but I was wrong. I didn’t enjoy this at all and certainly would not recommend it to anyone! (2 stars)

Teaser from page 37:  Then Alex realized it wasn't just that he couldn't get up, he couldn't even move.  Started to suck in a deep breath when he realized he couldn't breathe, either.

Have you read this one? What did you think of it? If you reviewed this too, feel free to share your link to your review in the comments. To find books on a specific topic, scroll to the bottom and click on the topic you want. Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails