Tuesday, February 6, 2024

"LEFT BEHIND by Tim Lahaye and Jerry B. Jenkins (Series #1)

LEFT BEHIND
by Tim Lahaye and Jerry B. Jenkins is the first book in a series about end times based on scripture.  When people mysteriously disappear, Buck, a journalist is assigned to write about the different theories people have.  Rayford, a pilot, thinks maybe his wife was right all along about needing a personal relationship with God and that this is the rapture she was talking about a lot lately.  Her and their son have both disappeared leaving him and Chloe, their daughter.  He contacts their church, hoping someone is there and meets with a pastor who was also left behind because he hadn't been a true follower of Jesus.  

I liked the parts in this book about Rayford and his family, but the journalist parts I got a little bored with, although they all do tie together.  I heard a lot about this series but never read it so when I saw the whole series at the Parma Heights senior center, I decided I would read it.  I liked this book all right.  It's certainly thought provoking.  (Karen's review, 4 stars)

To find books on a specific topic, scroll to the bottom and click on the topic you want. Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails