Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Tuesday Teasers: "The Litigators" and "Come a Little Closer"


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should  Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just do the following
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on  that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away!   You don’t  want  to  ruin the  book for others!)
  • Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can  add the book to their TBR  Lists  if they  like your teaser.   
Gerard's:
He ricocheted off the podium and landed hard on the carpeted floor, still groaning and grimacing as if in enormous pain. There was a wild scramble as Wally and David sprinted for him, as did two uniformed bailiffs and a couple of the Rogan Rothberg attorneys.
From page 284 of The Litigators by John Grisham.

Karen's:
With every step, her heart raced, pounding in her chest. Ever since she had left Holden Sutter's room, it had been a struggle to contain her emotions;what began as confusion became anger, then disappointment, before turning into still something else, something she could not identify.
From page 61 of Come A Little Closer by Dorothy Garlock.

You can help our charity of the month just by leaving a comment on any of our blogs! We will donate 50 cents per comment at the end of the month. The charity for this month is at the top of our blog.

14 comments:

  1. I loved your teasers! I haven't read any of these titles, but they sound great :)

    Here's my teaser: http://notjustnonsense.blogspot.com/2011/12/teaser-tuesday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teasers! I also love your blog pic. I love cats!

    Visit My Teaser Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting teasers! Here is mine!
    http://jbabel.blogspot.com/2011/12/22-teaser-tuesdays-new-moon-by.html

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choices of teasers!

    Here's mine:
    http://ttoria.blogspot.com

    TToria
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. These both sound great! I haven't read the second author...but now I must.

    And I'm way behind on my Grisham books....

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great action sequence in the first teaser, and strong depth of emotion in the second. My teaser: Mrs. Miracle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Teasers, both!! Thanks for stopping by SunnyReads!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great teasers. The first one is particularly interesting. Is he in a courtroom? Thanks for stopping by my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seems like interesting books :D Enjoy them ;)
    Thank you for commenting on my teaser. <3 It would, but everything was just so stressful today :p Not time to do anything ;p
    Love, Carina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely looking forward to The Litigators. Great teases.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice teasers. I haven't read either of these.
    My Tuesday Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't read a Grisham in quite some time. Sounds (looks?) like it's about time I started again.

    The second book sounds good. Intense and sad, maybe? But good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The teaser from The Litigators sounds very intriguing! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails