Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Tuesday Teasers: Four For You

Karen's:
"What nonsense did she tell you? I'm sure she rambled on and on about something silly."
From page 93 of Heart Song by V. C. Andrews.

Today we've seen that love is more powerful than jealousy, godliness is more powerful than wickedness, and the Spirit of God is more powerful than anything. The best laid plans of kings and queens crumble under the mighty Spirit of God.
From page 46 of David - Seeking a Heart Like His by Beth Moore.

Gerard's:
I want to give them each something to remember me by. To let them know I really cared about them and I'm sorry I couldn't be more than I was--that I couldn't stick around--and that what's going to happen today isn't their fault.
From page 5 of Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock by Matthew Quick. (Karen plans on reading this one too.)

The dogs barked and lunged at the cage doors as we ran past them. Several fights broke out.
From page 23 of Braced for Murder by Sue Owens Wright.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should  Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just do the following
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page (well, we cheat and choose specific ones)
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on  that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away!   You don’t  want  to  ruin the  book for others!)
  • Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can  add the book to their TBR  Lists  if they  like your teaser.   

Happy Reading!

7 comments:

  1. good mix of reads this week. I hope to read that Quick book one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The line "and that what's going to happen today isn't their fault" gave me shivers after I read the synopsis of Matthew Quick's book. Interesting selections one and all. :-) Hope you all have a great reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Four good Teasers, but the dogs barking grabbed me the most. That really adds tension to the scene, doesn't it?
    My Teaser today is from SMOKE, WINGS & STONE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm intrigued by both of Gerard's teasers. Mine: The Lost Hero

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great teaser from Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock! I have this n TBR list next and I hope to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some great teasers! Always like reading V.C Andrews.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just finished Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock and once again love Matthew Quick.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails