Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Teaser Tuesdays



Gerard's:
  
I sprint like I can outrun what I've done to Gisa, how I've failed Kilorn, how I've destroyed everything.  But even I can't outrun the look in my mother's eyes when I brought Gisa to the door.

From page 42 of Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. (Click link for our review)

I longed to be that little boy in her care.  No, I wanted to tell her.  I'm not okay.

From page 12 of Crazy Love You by Lisa Unger (click link to see my review)

Cancer was keeping me from doing the thing I love.  Freakin' cancer.
 From page 20 of Every day I Fight by Stuart Scott with Larry Platt.  (click link to see my review)

Karen's
They're the cadets who will train me, the people who will make me part of a unit with my other platoon members--sixteen- and seventeen-year-olds.  And each and every one of them tells me to leave.
 From page 24 of Rites of Passage by Joy N. Hensley.

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of A Daily Rhythm. Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just pick two sentences from the book you are reading.


Happy Reading!

3 comments:

  1. I really like the sounds of all of Gerards'. Sorry, Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like them all but the first two are my favorites:)

    My TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/04/21/teaser-tuesdays-111-constricted-by-bejjajcampbell-review-free-book/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely looking forward to Crazy Love You.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails