Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Teaser Tuesday



Karen's:

I inspected my new body.  I appeared to be a teenaged Caucasian male, clad in sneakers, blue jeans, and a green polo shirt.
From page 5 of The Trials of Apollo--Book One, The Hidden Oracle by Rick Riordan.


Gerard's:
 "A sorcerer would never harm children," I said, squeezing her hand in return.  Granted, I'd never met a sorcerer, but Sarah didn't need to know that.

From page 1 of A Shadow Bright and Burning by Jessica Cluess.

He led me to his sister crouched under a big tree, a blanket wrapped around her.  She was younger, maybe eight.
 From page 2 of The Poet's Dog by Patricia MacLachlan.

The champion looked away, across the ruined village and the broken bodies.  "Only the best can become queen.  And she is not the best."
From page 15 of The Queen of Blood by Sarah Beth Durst.

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by The Purple Booker.   Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just pick two sentences from the book you are reading.  Happy Reading!

11 comments:

  1. You have a number of enticing TT's here... I'm looking forward to reading the Rick Riordan book and I have Jessica Cluess on my radar. However, after that interesting teaser, I like the sound of The Queen of Blood... My TT this week - https://sjhigbee.wordpress.com/2016/12/27/teaser-tuesday-27th-december-2016/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great assortment of teasers. I've read and enjoyed The Queen of Blood and A Shadow Bright and Burning. I have two this week - Midnight Obsession by Melinda Leigh and Rose and Thorn by Sarah Prineas. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some good ones this week. That last one sounded harsh.

    My TT from The Kill Switch

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely see some patterns in the books you are reading. Enjoy. Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some intriguing teasers!

    Mine this week is from a female PI series: https://wp.me/p3Nz8P-19y

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting teasers. I haven't read any of these authors. I hope you're both enjoying the books. HEre's the link to my teaser — true story of an al-Qaeda mole in the CIA middle east — a real gripper: http://wp.me/p4DMf0-1pK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gerard's adding this one to his TBR list. Sounds good.

      Delete
  7. I want to read The Poet's Dog. Sorry you are still having trouble linking up.

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finally figured how to link up--had to use my gravitar instead of open ID. THE POET'S DOG is only 98 pages but it is very good according to Gerard. Karen liked it okay but not as much as Gerard did. It's a children's story.

      Delete
  8. Great selection of books with intriguing Teasers. I hope you've enjoyed them.
    My Tuesday post features Isabel Allende’s The Japanese Lover.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails