Wednesday, December 28, 2016

"The Poet's Dog" by Patricia MacLachlan

In The Poet's Dog by Patricia MacLachlan, two young children are all alone in a fierce winter storm.  Teddy (the talking dog) locates them and leads them to a cabin where he lives so they will be safe.  Teddy tells them a story while they wait for the storm to end and for help to come.

This is a young reader's book, but I enjoyed it very much.  I hope it touches your heart like it did mine!  Perfect read for the holidays!
(Gerard's review, 5++ stars)

Karen read it too and here are her thoughts:
I read it because it was a short children's book that I could read quickly but did not enjoy it as much as Gerard did.  The dog understood words and only children and a poet could understand what the dog said.  I liked the ending but overall wasn't impressed, but then, poetry isn't my thing.  I liked other dog stories much better.
(Karen's review, 3 stars)

Have you read this one? What did you think of it? If you reviewed this too, feel free to share your link to your review in the comments. To find books on a specific topic, scroll to the bottom and click on the topic you want. Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails