Friday, May 4, 2018

"Downsiders" by Neal Shusterman

Not even our dog was interested in this one!
Downsiders by Neal Shusterman is urban teen fiction about a whole community living underground New York City. How they got there in the first place is the mystery that Lindsey tries to solve. The people who live above ground are referred to as topsiders and only those who are depressed enough with nothing to lose are “chosen” to join the downsiders. Talon, a downsider meets Lindsey, a topsider and they feel a connection. Talon even goes so far as to break the rules and invite Lindsey down for a tour!

I thought this book was really goofy and very slow moving. I dozed off on it several times as I was reading it. The only character I really liked was Champ, an 85-yr.-old man who lived in an empty pool who Talon would visit with now and then and play games like Risk and Monopoly.   I do not recommend this one.
(Karen's review, 2 stars)

Have you read this one? What did you think of it? If you reviewed this too, feel free to share your link to your review in the comments. To find books on a specific topic, scroll to the bottom and click on the topic you want. Happy Reading!

2 comments:

  1. LOL - This review makes me laugh. If the dog isn't even interested, you know you've got a problem! I love a lot (not all) of Shusterman's books, but I haven't read this one. I probably won't, either, if it's silly and boring. Thanks for the heads-up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails