Monday, August 16, 2010

Book Club Read: "The Secret Life Of CeeCee Wilkes" Chapters 1-10

As part of the book club over at Book Beginnings and Bookends here are my thoughts on the first 10 chapters of The Secret Life Of CeeCee Wilkes.

I think I have the relationship of the people figured out.  CeeCee is the mother of Corinne, a teacher with phobias, who is engaged to the news reporter, CeeCee's mother died but wrote letters to her daughter with advice and encouraging words to open at different dates so it would be like she was still around for her daughter.  I liked that idea a lot!  So many times I wish my mom were still alive so I could talk to her about things.  


CeeCee got herself into a very bad situation already.  I think Tim is just using her and will be surprised if he bothers getting back with her at all.  I think the waitress who warned her that Tim was "dangerous" knew what she was talking about and CeeCee should have been more careful about going with him.  The fact that he's also so much older should have been a red flag for her not to get involved with this guy.  


I like this books so far because it goes quick and I am anxious to see what will happen next and what other bad decisions CeeCee will make.  I hope she comes to her senses and can get out of the mess she is in, but I have a feeling it will take the whole book for her to do that.  She is not very bright.  Too bad she took her mom's advice about making decisions with her heart and jumping right in without weighing the pros and cons, but did not follow her mother's advice about not trusting boys and not having sex at 16. 

Have you read this one? What did you think of it?

1 comment:

  1. I seriously loved the book. Read it not knowing anything about it and flew thru it in no time… Great writing and kept me engaged from the very beginning!!! Loved your thoughts on it!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails