Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Teaser Tuesday: romance, inspirational, YA

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
Gerard's:
"When you say it is nothing, I know it is something. But maybe something you do not want your husband to know."
Anna stifled a giggle as he lightly nipped her jaw."
From p. 134 of The Endearment by Lavyrle Spencer
(Yes, I got Gerard to read this book!)

Karen's:
Instead of looking for the best, we assume the worst. And we're not in the least surprised when the worst finds us.
From Having a MARY Heart in a MARTHA World by Joanna Weaver

Our plan was that once we got our flocks settled, maybe we'd try to add on, if we could convince Henry's mom to let them get more hens. Me, I had to check with my dad to see if I could get some chickens in the first place.
From p. 59 of Chicken Boy by Frances O'Roark Dowell

4 comments:

  1. you two are soo......sweet Karen and Gerard!! It's awesome to share your interest reading right? You're a happy couple, I can see that. Huh.......so sweet. Karen and Gerard I want to be your friend!!!

    This is my teaser:http://coffeecrackers.blogspot.com/2010/08/teaser-tuesdays-book-of-lost-things.html

    And here's my latest review: http://coffeecrackers.blogspot.com/2010/08/tuesdays-with-morrie-by-mitch-albom.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how nice, you both enjoy reading?

    Here is the teaser:
    e-Volving Books

    I also have an entirely new style for the blog - including a brand new, self-designed Header!
    And a new name!! Come check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so cool that you both read. I try to get my husband to but I'm guaranteed to hear a snore with 2-3 minutes of him opening the books. Great teasers :)

    Here's my teaser

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails