Sunday, August 15, 2010

Want to Join A Blogger Book Club?

Over at Book Beginnings and Bookends, they are just starting a "book club" for bloggers to participate in online.  I thought this sounded like it might be fun so went ahead and got the first book they'll be discussing from the library, The Secret Life of Cee Cee Wilkes.  The idea is to read ten chapters a week and then on Monday discuss them in a post and hook up with Mr. Linky on their blog.  How many are participating?  Well, I was the 194th person to "sign up."

Here is the schedule that they came come up with for the book. Each week is about 100 pages.

Aug 16: Chapters 1-10
Aug 23: Chapters 11-20
Aug 30: Chapters 21-35
Sep 6: Chapters 36-50
Sep 13: Chapters 50-71


That means I have to switch from reading the book I just started and read 10 chapters of this one TODAY!  YIKES!  Well, I'll try.  Have you read this book?  If so, what did you think of it?

Please tell us: What categories of literature do you like? What are you reading now? Who are your top five favorite authors? Have you read this one? What did you think of it?

2 comments:

  1. The book club sounds like a great idea. My only problem that I am so busy with my blogging, I don't know if I could keep up with the reading. I love to read, just have trouble fitting into my schedule. You have a nice blog and good to meet you. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following from book blogs
    Stop by my blog too
    http://hotmomtips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails