Thursday, August 12, 2010

"Catching Fire" by Suzanne Collins

This is the sequel to The Hunger Games which both Gerard and I loved.   Catching Fire picks up right where "The Hunger Games" left off and has a turn of event that I did not expect.  Katniss and Peeta both join Haymitch in Victor's Village but because the Capitol is displeased with her berry stunt her interview after the games, security in District 12 has been increased and rules are now enforced by new peacekeepers.  Her relationship with Gale and Peeta continues to develop; however, she realizes her life is really not her own.  She has some very difficult decisions to make and is confused.  I do not want to give any spoilers but will tell you that if you liked The Hunger Games, then Catching Fire is a must read.  I even dislike the Capitol more after reading this book!  I did not like how it ended because it left me wanting more.  Can't wait to read the next in this series:  Mockingjay.
(Karen's Review)

What a story!  I got into this book from page 1!  Lots of subplots, new characters and twists and turns to be sure.  It is a real page-turner!  Also learned more about Haymitch, Peeta and Katniss.  Poor Gale!  Loving this series--can't wait for book 3!
(Gerard's review)
 
Reviews by other bloggers:
Best review of The Hunger Games and Catching Fire I saw is at For What It's Worth.
Blogging''bout Books: Do Yourself A Favor, Don't Read Catching Fire

At The Book Scoop I learned that there are shirts available related to the book, The Hunger Games at Zazzle (Team Peeta, Team Gale, Girl on Fire, District 12, etc.)

4 comments:

  1. OMG, are you joining me on the pins and needles cushion waiting for 8/24! I have never been so eager (except for Lover Mine by JR Ward) for a book to come out. Catching Fire was such a CLIFFHANGER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been so excited before about a book coming out except for the one I wrote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked the Hunger Games and I want to thank you again for letting me know about it. I'm off to reserve this one at our library right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just finished this book tonight and have already downloaded "MockingJay" so I can start it in the morning....or maybe tonight :) I enjoyed this one, too...I thought there were a lot more plot twists even than in the first book.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails