Friday, August 20, 2010

"Can't Get There From Here" by Todd Strasser

Can't Get There From Here by Todd Strasser was good book about a homeless teen girl who lost her street family one by one and finally chooses to get off the streets. I feel for bad for homeless people and this book made me think about even more problems the homeless have.  This book really opened my eyes to what some youth go through and I was pulling for the girl to finally trust someone who could help her.  Although his is fiction, there are many kids who are in this situation and face these problems every day.  I highly recommend this book. 

(Karen's review 6/04)




Charities I support monthly that deal with helping teens get off the streets:
Covenant House, Boys Town (they take girls in too now) 

Have you read this one? What did you think of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails