Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays--3 Books We Are Reading

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought I would play for fun! Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teaser. 
Click the links below for our reviews.
Karen's:
The loss of her only child, Natalie Raines, had left her more bewildered than bitter.  How could he do that to her? was the question she asked herself over and over again during the day, and haunted her at night.
From pg. 21 of Just Take My Heart by Mary Higgins Clark

She ate tuna from the can for supper, barely tasting it. There were no shades at the windows, and she felt exposed to whatever or whoever might be lurking in the woods.
From pg. 102 of The Secret Life CeeCee Wilkes (click link to read my Book Club post) Here's my review of the whole book

Here's Gerard's:
The death of Tommy Braham was the only thing that still weighed on her. She needed to talk to a lawyer about how to handle things with the county, but she wasn't going to fight them.
From pg. 288 of Broken by Karin Slaughter

10 comments:

  1. A friend of mine was just talking about Karin Slaughter the other day. I haven't read her yet.

    My teaser is The King of Attolia - a book I am very excited about reading this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww, this one sounds like a sad one... great teaser though!!

    Here's my teaser!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the book. Though I havent heard of it before. Thanks for stopping by at my blog =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. All three of the teasers sound good. My teaser is from Infinite Days by Rebecca Maizel. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Broken sounds intriguing, but all three are good teasers. Mine is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The three of them look good!
    Thanks for visiting my blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. For that first one....divorce? Hopefully not murder or anything...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks to all who commented!

    Beth--Both "Just Take My Heart" and "Broken" are very good murder mysteries.

    Marg--Gerard just finished Karin Slaughter's book today and loved it! His review will be posted soon here.

    Carrie--I'm not sure which one you are referring to. The first one has a couple sad parts but overall a happy ending. The book club one, I'm still reading and Gerard liked the ending a lot in "Broken" so parts may be sad in that too but ends good.

    smellin coffee: Nope, it's murder! This is the mother talking in this teaser.

    I'll by by to check out all of your teasers too! We appreciate your comments and visits.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails