Sunday, August 15, 2010

"Handle With Care" by Jodi Picoult

Can't Put It Down--Jodi Classic (100 stars!) First off, for anyone who has Osteogenesis imperfecta (O.I.) and their families and friends, my prayers and thoughts are with you.  As for Handle With Care by Jodi Picoult, I loved it!!  This is a hard-to-put-down book.  I went back and forth with how I felt about the people in this book.  So many twists and turns and story lines everywhere.  It's just awesome!!!!  It left me wanting more, and then, if that's not enough, the last 50 or so pages were even better!!  I finished it three days sooner than I expected I would.  Nineteen Minutes is the standard I judge Jodi's books by because I really liked it a lot! That was one awesome book and this matches it.  I cried at the end, hated the ending!!!  Read this book, you will never forget it!
(Gerard's review 5/09)

Handle With Care by Jodi Picoult is about a family who has a baby girl, Willow, born with Osteogenesis Imperfecta (OI) and each member has a different way of protecting the girl.  OI is a rare bone disease where the slightest bump can cause factures.  In an effort to get more money to pay for her care and special needs, the mother sues her best friend who also the mother’s ob-gyn.  This book is very thought provoking and shows how far a mother will go to help her daughter.  It gives insight into how this disease can affect the entire family and really all who know the person.  The book deals with the issue of is that life worth living or would it have been better if the girl was never born.  It ended very differently from what I expected and held my attention, but not one of my favorite Picoult books.
(Karen's review 5/09)

Please tell us: What categories of literature do you like? What are you reading now? Who are your top five favorite authors? Have you read this one? What did you think of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails