Thursday, October 14, 2010

"The Diary Of A Young Girl" by Anne Frank

The Diary Of A Young Girl by Anne Frank (the definitive edition) is unique because it is a real diary of the Jewish girl, Anne Frank, that she started at age 13 and stopped when she was 15 during the time she was in hiding with seven other people. This is a historical document from the Holocaust.

Reading this gave me a real sense of how the Jews lived in fear during that time and how unfair life was. Anne writes all about her feelings about the people she lives with and the day-to-day struggles and fears she lived with for two years. The ending was very sad. It was her father though, who took care of her most treasured possession--her diary and shared it with the world to carry out her wish.

I found this to be an amazing book and am glad I finally read it. Anne Frank had a strong desire to have good character and become a journalist. She shares her dreams and insights of human nature based on the group dynamics she observed during her two years of confinement.
(Karen's review 2/6/09)

Have you read this one? What did you think of it?

1 comment:

  1. I read this about five years ago, but don't remember liking it that much. Maybe I should give it another go.

    I can't wait to read your reviews of Choosing to See and Room. They're high up on my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails