Wednesday, July 28, 2010

"Blacklands" by Belinda Bauer

Blacklands by Belinda Bauer was a bit slow moving I thought for a suspense novel but it did keep my interest.  A 12-yr-old boy named Steven writes to the serial killer in jail to try to find out where the killer buried his uncle Billy who was killed when he was just a boy.  I liked the way the letters were written and how suspense built up to when Steven and the killer confronted each other.  It didn’t end like I expected.  It's good and I recommend it
(Karen's Review 4/18/10)  


Blacklands by Belinda Bauer is awesome!  I finished it in just two days because it was almost impossible to put down.  This book is about Steven, a 12-yr-old boy who wants to find where a killer buried his uncle.  He decides to write to the killer in prison and the letters back and forth between the killer and Steven is very interesting!  This is Belinda Bauer’s first book, but I’ll be looking for the next one--super job!
(Gerard's Review 4/9/10)

Please tell us: What categories of literature do you like? What are you reading now? Who are your top five favorite authors? Have you read this one? What did you think of it?

1 comment:

  1. I only read crime/suspense occasionally for light reading so I'm picky about them. This was a very good first novel I thought. I enjoyed this story very much too. I can't wait to see what she writes next.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails