Saturday, July 17, 2010

Dishing It Party--Summer Reads

Photobucket


Hey, join in the party! Here are the questions you get to write a post about and then link up at Serenity Now--A Mommy's Solution to Staying Sane. Be sure to visit other blogs that have joined the party too!

~Give us your list of top 5 picks for summer reading.
1. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
2. House Rules by Jodi Picoult
3. Twenty Wishes by Debbie Macomber
4. Racing In The Rain by Garth Stein
5. Homer's Odyssey by Gwen Cooper

~What genre of literature makes you want to pick up a book and read (biographies, chick lit, Christian fiction, historical fiction, etc.)?
Gerard best likes books about dogs and events that happened that he doesn't know a lot about. He likes books on war and sports as well as books about Christianity. He prefers non-fiction and likes memoirs or biographies.

I like a wide variety and just depends on what mood I'm in as to what I choose. I like both fiction and non-fiction, some historical fiction, biographies/autobiographies, some young adult fiction, sometimes romance, sometimes suspense or books involving teachers.

~What are your favorite magazines?
Gerard's are Newsweek, Time and Sports Illustrated. I don't read magazines.

~If you had to be stuck on a desert island with any fictional character, who would you choose? Definitely Katniss from The Hunger Games because she is a survivor and knows how to cook, hunt and fish.

~How do you make time to escape into a good book?
We read during our lunch and breaks and Gerard reads some in the evenings. I like reading at the library garden on my lunch hour in downtown Cleveland. I read on the bus to and from work and sometimes on the porch or by a window in the evenings.

~What's your favorite place to get your books?
The library. If I want own a book, I check http://paperbackswap.com (they have more than paperbacks).

~What's next on your "to-read" list?
See our header on this blog. Those are the books we are reading next.

3 comments:

  1. We used to visit the library regularly (when my son was younger and we'd read dozens of picture books each week), but haven't been going much lately. We do use our church library, so I guess that counts!

    The library garden looks like a lovely place to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have some pretty peaceful places to read. I wish our local library had a garden! I think I’ll leave a little note for them in their suggestion box. ;o)

    Thanks for letting me know about your post!

    Kendra “Domestic Princess in Training”

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are not the first person to recommend The Hunger Games. I am definitely going to have to check that one out! Thanks for the recommendations. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails