Tuesday, July 20, 2010

"Daddy Long Legs" by Jean Webster

I enjoyed Daddy Long Legs by Jean Webster which is full of letters from an orphan girl to the man who paid for her college and wanted to remain anonymous who she affectionately referred to as Daddy Long Legs.  The original deal was that in turn for her college tuition and a monthly allowance she would write each month to let him know her progress in her studies.  Her letters were amusing and I liked the illustrations.  All through the book I was pulling for her to finally meet this man.  The ending caught me by surprise--I didn't see it coming.  I would recommend it for young adults.
(Karen's review 3/9/10)

Please tell us: What categories of literature do you like? What are you reading now? Who are your top five favorite authors? Have you read this one? What did you think of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails