Monday, July 5, 2010

"Kite Runner" by Khaled Hosseini

Kite Runner is a good book about Family in Afghanistan and how the Russians took over and then the Taliban and how things changed. It focused on one family and the secrets. It's about friendship and betrayal and forgiveness and redemption. Quite a book. Hard to put it down.  I had no idea what life in Afghanistan was like until I read this.
(Karen's review 5/3/08)


I heard a lot about this book and was anxious and excited to read it. I found it to have way too much talking and not enough action for me. I gave this book a lot of chances and stuck with it when I felt like giving up on it, but it just never did it for me. The first 100 pages or so are okay, but then I became confused and bored. I never felt any connection to the characters at all.
Gerard's Review 5/10/08)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails