Friday, July 23, 2010

"False Convictions" by Tim Green

Whew, I'm glad I'm dne with this one!  False Convictions by Tim Green is one of the dumbest books I ever read.  I thought it would be good because it was about the Freedom Project but in this case the guy that was set free after 20 years was actually guilty after all.   This book just dragged along for me. 

The book was confusing to me and I had a hard time following what was going on.  Graham is a very wealthy man who is a well-known philanthropist who turns out to be a big crook who is on the board of The Freedom Project.  He was out to discredit a judge who refused to be "bought."  I was kind of lost throughout the book and really only liked the reporter, Jake, and the attorney, Casey.  It was very complicated with mafia connections tossed in.  

Once Dwayne, the guilty guy, was freed and Casey realized that she helped free a guilty man who killed again, because Graham set her up by managing to switch the DNA that would have proved he was guilty, she tried to correct the wrong.   


The book ends with a big chase which made no sense at all.  If you read this, I'd really be interested to see what you thought of it. 

I stuck it out but I should have quit after the first few chapters.  I did not like it at all and do not recommend this one.  There are so many better books to read! 

Please tell us: What categories of literature do you like? What are you reading now? Who are your top five favorite authors? Have you read this one? What did you think of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails